Working with Star
STAR is committed to providing quality teaching, support and advocacy services to our participants and to continue to do so we require appropriately skilled and motivated staff. Opportunities are available for people seeking work as Living Skills Teachers from time to time. Underpinning our quality services is STAR’s commitment to ensuring our staff have the necessary attributes and skills to teach and support participants to live a community based lifestyle of their choice.
Pre-requisites to employment
Individuals applying for work at STAR as a Living Skills Teacher must meet a number of minimum pre-requisite requirements. To be considered for employment applicants must have:
- Certificate III in Disability Studies (Essential Minimum)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
In addition applicants must be able to provide the following:
- A current Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) clearance
- A current Police Check (obtained in the last three months)
- A current medical check (obtained in the last six months)
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you – send your CV through to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.